These legal terms and disclaimers govern your use of these websites and may be modified at any time in Gordon Feinblatt’s sole discretion. This website is provided for general information only and may be modified, suspended or removed at any time. While Gordon Feinblatt tries to update and maintain the accuracy of information on the website, it may not reflect the most recent legal developments and therefore may contain errors or omissions. Website materials are never a substitute for consulting directly with respect to your specific legal needs in the applicable state. Never rely on articles or other website materials for your personal matters. You should always consult an attorney with respect to your particular situation. Gordon Feinblatt disclaims all liability for content and any action you may take or do not take in reliance on material found on this website.
1. Use of Materials
Everything you see or read on the Sites and the arrangement of the Sites is owned by Gordon Feinblatt and protected by all copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. This includes anything you post to a discussion group, blog or through social media forums such as Facebook and Twitter, through the Sites, email or other electronic communication. You may view and print material posted on the Sites for your personal use only. You may not resell or use anything you find on the Sites for commercial or other purposes without Gordon Feinblatt’s written permission. Please contact Gordon Feinblatt at info.gfrlaw.com for permission to use material posted on the Sites for anything other than your personal information.
2. Links. The website may include links to websites owned or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with Gordon Feinblatt. These links are provided for your convenience only. Gordon Feinblatt has no control over any material posted on third party websites and does not recommend or endorse third party content, products or services. Gordon Feinblatt disclaims all liability for any injury or damages incurred resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of or reliance on materials located on third party websites as well as any actions taken by such third parties as a result of your visit to their websites. Please use caution and review the privacy policies of any websites you visit to better understand their information-gathering practices. Gordon Feinblatt expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability or accuracy of any external websites, their resources or content. Inclusion of hyperlinks should not be considered an endorsement or referral by Gordon Feinblatt to the linked websites. Gordon Feinblatt is not responsible or liable in any way for any advertising, products, services or other materials located on or available through any external websites. You use such links at your own risk.
3. Materials are NOT Legal Advice or Legal Opinions
All material located on the Sites, in podcasts, blogs and social media forums is prepared for a general audience for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice or a legal opinion. Its sole purpose is to better educate you about a variety of general legal issues so that you become more educated consumers of legal services. While Gordon Feinblatt tries to provide accurate information on the Sites, the law changes quickly. Therefore information contained on the Sites may not reflect the most current interpretation or be complete. Many factors go into the decision-making process of selecting a lawyer and everyone’s needs differ. Moreover, although the specific facts of your matter may seem similar to those of others, they are actually quite different; the law may apply differently or not at all to your situation. Therefore, you should not rely upon or take any action with respect to your specific, personal legal matters based on information contained on the Sites. The Sites are provided “AS IS” and Gordon Feinblatt is not responsible for any action you do or do not take in reliance on any materials on the Sites. Information provided on the Sites should never be a substitute for consulting with a lawyer.
4. No Attorney-Client Relationship
You may email or otherwise contact Gordon Feinblatt through the Sites. You may also communicate with Gordon Feinblatt, its lawyers or other personnel through its blogs, or social media forums such as Facebook and Twitter. These and similar communications DO NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and Gordon Feinblatt. You are NOT a Gordon Feinblatt client unless and until Gordon Feinblatt has conducted a detailed investigation of the facts of the specific matter, satisfies itself that no conflict of interest exists AND has entered into a written agreement with you. The Sites and any communications through the Sites or other electronic means neither create, nor are they intended as an invitation to create, an attorney-client relationship between you and Gordon Feinblatt or any of its lawyers.
5. Licensure. Although this website is accessible throughout the United States as well as globally, most Gordon Feinblatt attorneys practice law primarily in the mid-Atlantic region in general and Maryland in particular. Our attorneys are only authorized to practice law in those states in which they have gained admission, subject to limited exceptions. Professional counsel in the applicable state or jurisdiction should be sought to address specific questions or situations.
6. No Confidentiality or Attorney-Client Privilege
Confidentiality. Gordon Feinblatt safeguards the confidentiality of, and does not disclose, information about existing clients or their legal matters. Please understand that any information sent to us through any means by anyone who is not an existing client is not confidential or privileged and may not be returned to you. Neither the internet nor email is secure means of transmitting material. Therefore website visitors and existing clients should never send personal or confidential materials through the website or via email; such transmissions are at your own risk. Gordon Feinblatt disclaims any liability for disclosure, whether inadvertent or intentional, unauthorized use and any other damages arising out of transmissions through the internet, this website or via email.
7. Case Summaries;Testimonials
The Sites may include statements by existing and former clients expressing their feelings about the legal services provided to them. The testimonials express the honest, unedited opinions of actual clients who have not received anything of value in exchange for their comments. The results cited in the testimonials are those of actual cases handled by Gordon Feinblatt lawyers. However, results are for informational purposes only; you should not draw comparisons between your circumstances and those in the testimonials. Although your case may be similar to a success story on the Sites, many factors go into evaluating and ultimately obtaining a successful result. Case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. Every case is different. Therefore it is essential that you understand that past results are not indicative of what an attorney can do for you with respect to your particular case. The fact that a certain result was received in one client’s case cannot and does not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any other matters.
8. Advertising; Solicitation. Nothing in this website shall be deemed a solicitation or the provision of legal advice or a legal opinion. Our website may provide information on results achieved in certain legal matters. Everyone’s particular legal situation is different. The facts and other circumstances of one matter, while similar to yours, should not be taken to mean that similar results would be achieved in your case. Prior results achieved in one matter do not predict or guarantee a similar outcome in subsequent cases. This website may constitute a communication, solicitation or advertising under the professional rules governing attorney conduct in certain states in which some of our attorneys may be licensed to practice law. Please understand that you should never base a decision to engage us to provide you with legal services on anything contained on this website or any other advertisement.
Gordon Feinblatt does NOT intend the Sites to be a solicitation for legal services, however, the Sites may constitute advertising under the rules of other states. Please do not base a decision to retain the legal services of any Gordon Feinblatt lawyer solely upon the Sites or advertisements of any kind. In Virginia, Lawyer Justin Katz is responsible for any content that may be construed as advertising material by the rules of that state.
9. Unauthorized Practice of Law
Although the Sites may be viewed throughout the United States of America, its territories and globally, Gordon Feinblatt attorneys are admitted to practice only in the jurisdictions listed on their individual biographies. Gordon Feinblatt does not practice law, solicit, target or advertise for legal employment in any jurisdiction other than those in which its attorneys are licensed or in which they are otherwise permitted to practice by applicable rules. The listing of an area of practice or focus by Gordon Feinblatt attorneys does not indicate any certification or specialization. If the rules of the state bar in your jurisdiction require that Gordon Feinblatt identify an attorney and office responsible for the Sites, Gordon Feinblatt has designated Michael C. Powell, general counsel, located at 1001 Fleet Street, Suite 525,Baltimore,Maryland21202, as the responsible attorney and office.
11. Social Media/Blogs/Visitor Submissions; User Conduct
Certain more interactive portions of the Sites, such as podcasts, webinars, blogs and social media forums, such as Facebook and Twitter, require special mention. The purpose of a blog on the Sites is to facilitate a general informational dialogue on various business and legal issues. Gordon Feinblatt encourages on-topic participation that is accurate, not misleading, non-infringing, honest, courteous, is not abusive, obscene, harassing or threatening. The information provided as part of the dialogue, regardless of the author, is NOT legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Anyone providing endorsements or testimonials should disclose his/her relationship with, and if any incentives, free services or other compensation was received from, Gordon Feinblatt. Although Gordon Feinblatt has no obligation to monitor activities, communications or submissions made through the interactive portions of the Sites, it has the right to refuse to post, remove and/or edit anything posted to or through the Sites at any time in its sole and exclusive discretion without liability to participants, visitors, posters or users of the Sites.
12. General Provisions
B. All trademarks, logos, trade names, and graphics are common law or registered trademarks of Gordon Feinblatt, its affiliates or other third parties and may not be used or displayed in any way, without the prior written consent of the applicable owner. This includes use in page text, as key words, meta tags or other hidden text.
C. Anyone claiming that anything on the Site infringes his/her proprietary work should send a notice, electronically or physically signed by the copyright owner or his authorized agent, containing: (1) a description of the copyrighted work being infringed, (2) a description of the infringing material to be removed sufficient to enable it to be located, (3) sufficient contact information including at least name, physical and electronic address, telephone number, (4) a statement that the claimant has a good faith belief that the use of the described material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law, and (5) a statement by the claimant under penalty of perjury attesting to the accuracy of the information contained in the notice and that it is either the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the infringed material. Notices of copyright infringement should be directed to:
By mail: Gordon Feinblatt LLC
1001 Fleet Street, Suite 525
Attention: Director of Marketing
By email: email@example.com
Please include “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line.
D. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GORDON FEINBLATT, AND ITS MEMBERS, ATTORNEYS, ASSOCIATES, PARALEGALS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT NOW AND SHALL NOT AT ANY TIME, IN ANY EVENT OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY OTHER USER, ANY CLAIMANT OR OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR FAILURE TO OBTAIN REQUISITE CONSENTS AND RELEASES, BREACH OF PRIVACY OR SECURITY, UNAUTHORIZED USE OF PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, PERSONAL OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF GORDON FEINBLATT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITES OR ANY MATERIAL LOCATED ON THE SITES, GORDON FEINBLATT SERVICES, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITES OR GORDON FEINBLATT SERVICES, ACCURACY OF ANYTHING LOCATED ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITES, OR ANY LINKS. IN ANY CASE, GORDON FEINBLATT’S SOLE LIABILITY, AND THAT OF ITS MEMBERS, ATTORNEYS, ASSOCIATES, PARALEGALS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS, IS LIMITED TO $5.00. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO THESE DISCLAIMERS AND WAIVERS MAY VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. WITHOUT INTENDING TO LIMIT THE FOREGOING, YOU MUST BRING ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST GORDON FEINBLATT WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS OF THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Gordon Feinblatt LLC
1001 Fleet Street, Suite 525
Attn: Pamela C. Custer